Cybersecurity Senior Technician 2023-2025
About this course
What is the Cybersecurity Senior Technician?
The Cybersecurity Senior Technician is a professional specialising in the management of cybersecurity and data protection. His/her responsibilities include the design, implementation and management of IT security systems to protect computer networks, data and IT infrastructure from external and internal threats.
This professional figure is also able to identify vulnerabilities in computer systems and implement solutions to mitigate risks. Has advanced knowledge of data security, encryption and security policy management.
His/her skills include the ability to analyse cyber threats, assess risks, develop and implement security policies for data protection, monitor and manage IT security systems, and collaborate with other IT professionals to ensure the security of the company.
The professional figure coming out of the Senior Cybersecurity Technician course performs the following operational activities:
- Implements and ensures the security of an organisation’s infrastructure, data and industrial networks, ICT services and digital information, according to the principles of confidentiality, integrity and availability.
- Through planning, configuration and testing activities, constantly monitors and measures the security levels of all IT resources (hardware, software, human and industrial),
- Anticipates and manages vulnerability and risk situations
- Contributes to the dissemination of a culture of awareness and security by systematically providing information and good practices to users.
Courses are activated subject to approval by the FVG Region
- Assesses information security risks, threats and consequences and takes appropriate action
- Implements, configures and manages security tools
- Identifies and manages security vulnerabilities
- Contributes to the promotion of standards and the application of information security procedures among users
- Monitors security developments to ensure the continued efficiency and effectiveness of information security processes and controls
- Proactively assesses new threats and counters potential security incidents
- Implements security techniques on all or part of an application, process, network or system within the relevant area of responsibility
- SO administration: Windows, Linux
- DB: Postgres/MSSQL/MariaDB
- Cloud and Containers: AWS, MS Azure, Docker
- Storage systems and architectures: NAS, SAN iSCSI, SAN FC, SAS
- Hyperconvergent infrastructures: VMWare VSan
- Penetration testing tools and environments (e.g. Linux Kali)
- Security audits, vulnerability assessment
- Configuration of hardware and software network security systems
- Security Reports
- Mitigation and remediation plan
- Deployment: Docker, Kubernetes
- Project management: Git, Agile methodologies (Kanban, Scrum), Trello, Google Suite
Cybersecurity professions are constantly growing. The Cybersecurity Senior Technician can find employment in:
- data centre operators and SOCs (Security Operation Centres)
- networking and IT systems service providers
- IT services consultancy companies
- software houses that include a cybersecurity division
- software houses specialising in IIoT and Industry 4.0 solutions
- ICT departments of typically medium to large industrial or service companies
The positions are varied and, in principle, are moving towards a very strong specialisation, which requires consolidated experience in the field and continuous training. Starting from junior levels of security administrator and security specialist, one can specialise and later evolve towards:
- Ethical Hacker / Penetration Tester
- Malware Analyst
- Vulnerability Assessor
- Security Administrator / Security Specialist / Information Security Expert
- Security Analyst
- Security Consultant
- Secure Code Auditor
- ICT Security Manager
However, it is possible to “convert” to the more classical profiles in the systems administration area:
- Network Specialist
- System Administrator
- Systems Analyst
- Cloud Specialist
- Notebook on loan free of charge for the duration of the course (indicative features: 15″ display, Core i7, RAM 16GB SSD 512GB)
- Personal Google Workspace account (email@example.com) with access to all Google services
- Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services accounts for access to related cloud services and resources
- Possibility of scholarships, accommodation, international mobility grants and catering services through ARDIS call for applications (http://www.ardiss.fvg.it/)
- Voucher for female students to reimburse annual tuition fees (if regularly attending)
Lorem Ipsn gravida nibh vel velit auctor aliquet. Aenean sollicitudin, lorem quis bibendum auci elit consequat ipsutis sem nibh id elit. Duis sed odio sit amet nibh vulputate cursus a sit amet mauris. Morbi accumsan ipsum velit. Nam nec tellus a odio tincidunt auctor a ornare odio. Sed non mauris vitae erat consequat auctor eu in elit.